Tetrodotoxin (TTX) is an established potent and selective blocker of some Nav channels. Moreover, TTX sensitivity is used to define subclasses of Nav channels. It is widely used both to probe Nav activity and to reduce or block excitability in neurophysiological preparations.
Doron scientific is pleased to offer Tetrodotoxin (citrate) isolated from Tetraodon pardalis.
- Product name: Tetrodotoxin citrate
- Description: Na+channel blocker; water-soluble
- Biological description: Water soluble citrate salt of tetrodotoxin. Potent, selective and reversible, use-dependent inhibitor of voltage-dependent Na+
- Purity> 98%
- General notes: To purchase this product and for additional information Please contact customer services via: email@example.com
- Chemical name: Octahydro-12-(hydroxymethyl)-2-imino-5,9:7,10a-dimethano-10aH-[1,3]dioxocino[6,5-d] pyrimidine-4,7,10,11,12-pentol + citrate buffer
- Molecular weight: 319.27
- Chemical structure:
- Molecula formula: C11H17N3O8
- CAS Number: 18660-81-6
- Storage instructions: Store at -20°C. Store under Desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
- Solubility overview: Soluble in water
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour. Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please contact us vie email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tetrodotoxin citrate images:
References for Tetrodotoxin citrate
This product has been referenced in:
- Narahashi T et al.Recent advances in the study of mechanism of action of marine neurotoxins.Neurotoxicology 15:545-54 (1994). Read more (PubMed: 7854588) »
- Catterall WANeurotoxins that act on voltage-sensitive sodium channels in excitable membranes. Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 20:15-43 (1980). Read more (PubMed: 6247957) »
- Kao CYPharmacology of tetrodotoxin and saxitoxin. Fed Proc 31:1117-23 (0). Read more (PubMed: 5032475) »